Welcome to Gail's new blog!
I'd like to welcome any readers - new or former!
And of course, I want to share the great news about YouthWrite®, camps for kids who love to write...just about anything!©
Now in our 25th anniversary year, we are delighted to offer a variety of writing camps both in-person and online as we navigate these difficult COVID waters:
- YouthWrite ZOOMS OnLine (July 5-9) for all ages - our second year of offering this virtual summer camp experience !
- YouthWrite Peak I Experience (July 4-9) for ages 8-11, 12-14 - a day camp at Kamp Kiwanis, near Calgary, AB
- YouthWrite River Valley I Experience (July 12-16) for ages 8-11 - a day camp at Edmonton's Bennett Centre
- YouthWrite River Valley II Experience (July 12-16) for ages 12-14 & 15-20 - a day camp at Edmonton's Bennett Centre
- YouthWrite Peak II Experience (July 11-16) for ages 15-20 - a day camp at Kamp Kiwanis, near Calgary, AB
Our multi-disciplinary approach means that your child will explore a variety of artistic forms as springboards to creative writing. We understand that young people each learn differently, so we apply Gardner's Multiple Intelligences in designing our curriculum. We want to reach all learners and hear all voices. But neither do we sit monk-like and scribbling all day - YouthWrite is designed for extra-curricular hijinx and wordplayful fun!
That's why we emphasize inclusion and diversity at our camps: in our supervisory and instructional team, and in the kids we accept to camp. We offer scholarships for Indigenous, Black, LGBTQ2S+, Francophone, low income, at-risk youth or youths with a disability. And we make sure everyone feels welcome!
So if you know a young person with a passion for writing, who might enjoy playwriting, comics creation, songwriting, fiction or poetry, drumming and words, yoga and words, improvisation and writing, and so much more, please register your YouthWriter TODAY. Enrollment numbers are limited this year - don't miss out!